Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wild life ... Canadian Cub Jamboree... part 6

Saturday August 24, 2013

Throughout the week there was a special presentation every evening for the kids.

Monday was Birds of Prey. I love birds and it was wonderful seeing these native species up close. The birds were all rescue animals, sadly unable to be released back into wild due to injuries.



Red Tailed Hawk



American Kestrel Falcon


Love the colour of his feathers


Small owl... Screech Owl
He was molting so looked a bit scruffy




Great Horned Owl



Getting close... enough
Gorgeous feathers.

Tuesday we went crayfishing during the day


and the evening event...

Reptile show


Snapping turtle

...and then there were the snakes...


hand warmers?


They were all brought out after the show
for any of the kids to hold and touch


Yes, My son & I
had the big boa around our shoulders...
sorry no photo though





Maybe they just wanted a cuddle ;)



Wednesday was Mad Science show.
I missed it... had a date with a hot shower.

Thursday night was a fun magic show.
I loved the bird puppet.


He was quite funny and had the kids engaged and laughing through the whole show.
I loved at the end how he told the kids not to tell anyone his real name
(Ricky Magic dot ca)

shhhh... I won't tell either

but I highly recommend him if you're looking for some 
great magic and comedy.

Speaking of laughter.... there was plenty of that during the week.
It was a Scouting camp...

not that any shenanigans ever go on at those...

but that's another story...












No comments: