Sunday, August 25, 2013

Trendy crafts ... Canadian Cub Jamboree... part 7

Sunday August 25, 2013

What would a camp be without a bit of crafts...


This was a drink counter... every time you take a long drink 
move a bead...

a drink of  WATER

yes I know 300+ kids....ummm... but... it's a SCOUT camp

A great idea the kids came up with for breakfast...


The kids got to make some neat things 
through the week like a 
cool rain stick
(Maybe I can blame the 300 rain sticks for the rain we got)
Survival para-cord bracelets,
bouncy balls and flubber,

Plaster castings of wild animal footprints...



This one was given to a Scouter, Gord,  back in 1952 by a Native Indian



This is Gord - a super Scouter
The youth all love him.


I loved his walking stick.. the handle looks like a rhino


This was my son's casting... just had to scrub the dirt off it


there is a track under there somewhere.
They turned out pretty neat.

I got to try a few things.
God's Eye woven ornament
and a leather bookmark.



New hat decor.... 
wonder if I'll start a trend.

Then there were these ultra cool beads...


They turned colourful in the sunlight


String art


Canada theme!




and Tshirt painting

I though this one was funny...
This was my son's...a campfire


Stickers!


well... they were supposed to go on the rockets they made...




Look at that blue sky.

With all that activity,
I even found a spot or two to relax 

might even have got close to something stitched...

but that's another story...





No comments: