Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All tied up.... ... Everton Scout ACE Camp Part 2

Wednesday August 7, 2013

So what exactly goes on at ACE camp?

Oh the usual... like making new friends...


Yes, for you Scouters out there,
this is indeed the one, the only

(and I bet you're humming that tune right now...hehehe)
.. and for those that just HAVE to know, just click 
... but if you feel like throwing something at me after you hear it
 because you can't get that tune out of your head, 
make sure it's chocolate




At camp you make things out of Gimp...


It's weaving with plastic lace.
I started this last year.
With good intentions of finishing it when I got home.
Uh-huh.

Well, guess what I finished 
I wasn't sure what it should be either... so I turned it into a necklace.


If you look closely, you'll notice the spot where I changed
the weave, so I could see where I began this year.

Just ignore my lovely camp hairdo.
You don't bring mirrors camping for a reason.
That's what cameras are for.

Speaking of knots.
Lashing was the ongoing project for the week.
The kids were supposed to make things for the campsite using lashing.
Lashing is when you tie together sticks with rope using specific knots...
(no not hitting each other, and not tying each other up either)

The kids came up with some pretty creative ideas


This one started out as a swing set.... until the seat broke.
Then it was a 'stick game'.
Then it became a Limbo game - where everyone wins
(except tall people)


I think these were just for decoration



This one was going to be a Teepee.... for a wee person.

The kids made a holder for the garbage bag,
a chin-up bar, and shelf, a lookout and a few other things...


All that work .. up in smoke



A few made a sign for their campsite...

You see... there was a bit of a contest 
and competitions going on.

But that's another story.




















No comments: