Tuesday, May 28, 2013

They just don't last long....

Tuesday May 28, 2013

So what exactly is the average life expectancy of Girl Guide Cookies..... once you open them?

Yesterday we popped into a Marine store (not my idea... the closest thing to stitching in there was rope... not that it would fit through any needle I own.. mind you it might go with those giant scissors, lol)...

.... low and behold, the clerk happened to belong to Girl Guides... and was selling cookies.


The last time I had Girl Guide cookies, they had those minty chocolaty covered ones.
(I think most people were disappointed about the change.)
Did you know they have two cookie campaigns?
The minty ones are sold in the fall.

The spring sale features the classic chocolate & vanilla sandwich ones.

So now the race is on.



Of course there IS a prize in the bottom ...
or so some around my home seem to think.

As you can see it's a neck and neck race to the finish.

I must clarify - this photo was taken yesterday.
My son claimed the last two for his lunch tomorrow.


I did a search on the cookies and found that there are 
Girl Guide recipes using the cookies!
Imagine that.
Sorry to say I can't try them out as the cookies were all claimed.

Fortunately a delicious recipe was shared at the guild last night.
It's served at almost all the meetings.

Oatmeal Crunch.

I must warn you this is dangerously delicious
and even more dangerously easy.

4 cups Oatmeal
2 cups brown Sugar
1 cup Butter
Bake 350 for about 12 minutes

I can't wait for the next guild meeting.
Yes, it's an easy recipe.

But soooo much easier if someone else makes it.

Besides, I have another race going on...
not involving cookies...

but that's another story...










No comments: